Sunday, October 22, 2006

Recipe: FROSTED JACK-O-LANTERNS



Cut slice off top of each orange; reserve slices. Cut around top edge of each orange and membrane, keeping shell intact. Remove orange sections (save and use for juice).

Cut out eyes, nose and mouth from each orange shell starting 1/4 inch below top cut edge. Fill each orange shell with chocolate ice cream, mounding slightly. Replace tops of oranges. Use green gumdrop for stems. Freeze until serving time (at least 2 hours).

Recipe Tip
Cut off a thin slice of peel from bottom of oranges, if necessary to make them stand up.
I use sherbert for a tangy taste.


From the Kitchen of: Lana at 10:30 PM

3 Comments

  • Blogger Erin posted at 10:28 AM  
    I am so in love with these halloween recipes!! I'm going to a halloween kids party next weekend, and I can't wait to try out a few of these.
  • Blogger Chic and Sassy posted at 1:30 PM  
    ohhhhhh they look so cute and tasty... I gotta try those for Halloween... Thanks for the recipe!
  • Blogger Flawed And Disorderly posted at 9:40 PM  
    What an awesome blog! Do you share where you got your graphic of the lady? I'd love something similar, but I can't find what I'm looking for. I want something vintage. If you don't mind sharing, could you drop me a line at my blog? I look forward to coming back and spending more time here!
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    ---------------------------------------------------